You’re part of what makes the Houston Heights the special place that it is – a vibrant, growing, unique neighborhood with a small town feel right in the middle of the big city! You can help support some of what makes our neighborhood the special place that it is by becoming a Houston Heights Association (HHA) member.
HHA is group of neighbors who are part of an all-volunteer, nonprofit civic organization that helps foster a sense of community in our neighborhood.
Here’s some of what HHA does in the community:
- Owns and maintains Donovan Park and its always popular playground, Marmion Park with this distinctive gazebo, and the historic Heights Fire Station & City Hall.
- Maintains the trees, gardens, and jogging trail on Heights Boulevard.
- Administers the neighborhood Constable Patrol program. We produce an information-filled monthly newsletter and send out e-blasts and invitations to neighborhood events.
- Provides grants and support for our neighborhood schools. We host monthly General Meetings and events such as concerts in the park, ice cream socials, and happy hours.
- Funds all of this and more through membership dues and our four annual fundraisers – Spring Home & Garden Tour and Candlelight Dinner/Auction, Fun Run, Bicycle Rally, and Holiday Home Tour.
Here are the benefits of your household or individual membership:
- Our monthly e-newsletter straight to your inbox with news you can use in and around Houston Heights.
- Advance notice of events, from our informative monthly meetings and festive social gatherings ranging from crafting to cocktails.
- Important updates on issues directly impacting the neighborhood, including City services and land use/development concerns.
Join the fun and help keep our Houston Heights neighborhood the special place that it is.