We’re just days away from this year’s Candlelight Dinner “Boots, Bling, and Bingo!”
If you haven’t secured your spot yet, there is still time for your and your most fun-loving friends to get in on the HHA’s biggest event of the year by purchasing tickets here.
Here’s what to expect:
- Candlelight Dinner Ticketholders Only: You’re invited to a special Friday night preview of the Home Tour from 5-7 PM before the dinner! Must have your ticket with the “FRIDAY NIGHT” stamp 🙂
- Then it’s off to the SPJST Lodge #88 at 1435 Beall, where festivities begin with a Garden Happy Hour from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. There will be wine tasting with local pairings from Houston Dairymaids and Kraftsmen Bakery while we start to sway with live music by Grifters & Shills.
- Meanwhile, the silent auction will be in full swing. We have items from longtime Candlelight Dinner favorites like Jubilee and John Ross Palmer, as well as goodies from newer neighbors like Bernie’s Burger Bus and Revive Salon & Spa. For your convenience, this year’s auction will be handled entirely from the comfort of your mobile device (though event staff will be able to help you place bids too), so you don’t have to hover over your coveted items throughout the night. Even better, you’ll be able to register for the auction and start placing your bids on Monday night!
- Dinner from Presidio will be served at 7:30 PM. Take a look at the menu below! We’ll also toast to the Spring Home Tour’s featured homeowners in appreciation.
- As we enjoy dessert and top off our wine, the live auction will begin with a dynamite collection of items almost entirely from within our very neighborhood.
- Following dinner and the live auction, we’ll dance the night away to Western Bling.
- Besides all this, we’ll have a surprise or two in store, including how you can become the proud new owner of a restored 1952 Seeburg Model C Jukebox AKA the Happy Days Jukebox!
This year’s Candlelight Dinner will be above and beyond your standard fare—it will be catered by local hotspot Presidio HTX!
Presidio is located at 911 W. 11th St. and has made its mark on the very competitive Heights restaurant scene since it opened a little more than a year ago. It’s secret weapon? Chef Adam Dorris and his delectable spin on Texas cuisine.
Chef Adam honed his skills at some of Houston’s most popular restaurants, including the Heights’ own Revival Market and Stella Sola, and gained wide acclaim as the Executive Chef of Pax Americana. In 2015 he was named one of the top chef’s in America. He’s crafted this menu especially for this year’s Candlelight Dinner.
Chapapeela Farms Pulled Pork
Smoked Pastured Turkey Breast
Smoked 44 Farms 9 Spiced Brisket
Smoked Creamer Potato Salad
Baked Rancho Gordo Beans
Corn and Ricotta Pudding
Braised Collard Greens
The Live Auction
Here’s just a sampling on what will be on the auction block this Friday:
- Private Dinner for 20 at Presidio
- Up for auction is a *private dinner for 20* at Presidio HTX, hosted by Chef Adam Dorris. The menu will be designed by Chef Dorris especially for your event. So, start getting your friends together—and y’all get ready for a bidding war!
- Featured Art: Original Heights Painting by Mitch Cohen
- A stunning 5′-high painting of a true Heights landmark, Bart Truxillo’s beloved Victorian manion at 18th & Harvard by Heights artist Mitch Cohen.
- Mitch Cohen is an unremitting behind the scenes art guy living in the Heights. A lifelong artist, in 2004 he founded First Saturday Arts Market, now Houston’s longest running monthly outdoor fine arts event. In 2016 Cohen created The Market at Sawyer Yards, an outdoor event that focuses on folk art, curated craft and specialty foods. Rarely saying no to a challenge, Cohen has been active in many neighborhood activities, from art walks, promotions and one of Houston’s most popular annual events, White Linen Night in the Heights.
- Custom Playset from Imagination Woodworks
- Imagination Woodworks started right here in the Heights building a custom pirate-themed treehouse and has since flourished with only word-of-mouth advertising. Decks, pergolas, and playsets make up the majority of the projects taken on, but because this company loves a good challenge and the satisfaction that comes from completing a one-of-a-kind project, the sky is the limit.
- The playset up for auction is on an 8’ x 8’ platform set at 5’ deck height. The platform consists of an open-walled structure with a 6’ x 6’ roof and a 36” railing on all sides. 5’ Wave Slide, rock wall, ladder, and flagpole all included. Since all projects are completely custom, the options are endless to what can be added or changed. Trap doors, swings, see-through floor panels, monkey bars, climbing nets/ropes…and on and on. And according to most parents who have an Imagination Woodworks playset, they make for a nice place to enjoy a beer or glass of wine when the kids are asleep 😉.
- His & Hers Bicycles from Blue Line Bike Lab
- These items from our neighborhood bicycle outfitter went so quickly last year, we had to bring them back!
If all of this isn’t reason enough to join us, just know that this fundraiser is crucial to the HHA’s programs, events, and properties as our most important fundraiser of the year. Not only is it a fantastically fun-filled evening, it is an investment back into our neighborhood.
Can’t wait to see you there!